Visiting & Gifts
As a visitor to K.Hovnanian Children's Hospital there are some important items to note.
Upon admission and as needed, parent/guardian must identify authorized visitors including grandparents and friends. Parents/guardians must wear a yellow bracelet for identification and security while in the pediatric unit.
Pediatrics is a locked unit. Please ring the bell at the entry and step in front of the camera so we can see you. You will be "buzzed" in. When you are ready to leave the unit, ask to be let out by the person at the desk.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Parents and/or legal guardians and grandparents may visit at any time. General visiting hours are 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm for other visitors.
- Siblings age 3 and older may visit with a parent for a short time and an adult must supervise siblings at all times. Please inform your child's nurse about siblings visiting.
- All visitors must be free from visible signs of infection/illness such as coughing, sneezing, or experiencing a sore throat, fever, rash or flu-like symptoms.
- Due to space and noise considerations, two (2) visitors, including parents, may remain at the bedside at any one time.
- Visitors, including parents, will be asked to leave the unit during emergencies of any patient. Visitors and parents may be able to remain in their child's room if the patient is in a private room.
- Visitors will be asked to leave the PICU during shift changes between the hours of 7:00 am to 8:30 am and then 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm to ensure patient confidentiality.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Parents/grandparents may visit 24 hours a day, except from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and during physician rounds.
- Siblings may visit by appointment when accompanied by a parent.
- Only two visitors are allowed at a time.
Our Gift Shop, conveniently located near the main entrance of the Northwest Pavilion within Jersey Shore University Medical Center, offers an assortment of merchandise selected to meet the diverse needs of the community. Shoppers may choose from a wide variety of gifts including fresh flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, figurines, home dècor items, candles and lotions, and jewelry – and make them extra special with an appropriate greeting card.
Hospital patients also appreciate the large selection of sleepwear, such as bathrobes, nightgowns, pajamas and slippers. Newborn presents and children's toys and coloring books are available, as well as an assortment of magazines, books, sundries, personal care items and snacks.
Phone Orders Are Welcome
Long distance well-wishers and patients unable to leave their rooms are invited to use the Gift Shop's delivery service. By dialing 732-776-4215, you can arrange to have a purchase delivered directly to the patient's room – with no delivery charge. A friendly Gift Shop employee will take your order over the phone and your purchase will be delivered that same day by a hospital volunteer or Gift Shop employee. Orders are welcome 7 days a week, and no minimum purchase is necessary. The Gift Shop accepts Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express and cash.
Custom Gift Baskets Made to Order
The Gift Shop will be pleased to prepare a gift basket designed to your exact specifications. Choose the specific merchandise you want, provide an overall theme, or specify an amount you wish to spend – the Gift Shop will take it from there! They will assemble and deliver a custom gift basket sure to make any patient feel special.
Delights for New Mothers
Door hangers featuring teddy bears and other newborn gifts are some of the Gift Shop's top sellers. They can be customized with the infant's name. Proud parents also appreciate our tremendous assortment of baby layette items and hospital logo merchandise. And what new mother wouldn't enjoy being pampered with a gift of a soothing lotion, candle, aromatherapy, or other spa-like specialty item?
The Gift Shop offers a frequent shoppers reward program for its regular customers and also runs monthly sales promotions; be sure to ask what special is being promoted during the month.
We look forward to your visit!