About Our Behavioral Health Services
Children are not just "little adults," they are age-specific individuals with age-particular needs. Recognizing this, Meridian Health was the first health care organization in the region to offer a behavior management and therapeutic play program for very young children.
Today, our services have grown to include other innovative and custom-tailored programs, each of which takes into account that a child's illness affects the entire family and should incorporate the involvement of family members.
We provide therapy for the following concerns:
- Behavior issues
- Impulse control disorders
- Mood disorders (depression, anxiety)
- Parent-child conflicts
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Problems with peer relationships
- Problems with taking direction
Some of our programs include:
- Therapeutic Nursery Group: Offers treatment for children aged 3-6 who are having difficulties with aggression, impulsivity, non-compliance, tantrums, and other disruptive behaviors. While children are in their therapy sessions, parents and caregivers also participate in group sessions to work through issues related to their children's behavior.
- Partial Hospitalization Program: Provides intensive group therapy and treatment for youngsters aged 7-13 who are experiencing emotional, psychological, and/or behavioral difficulties. Therapy sessions are available five days a week, three hours per day.
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Services: Include individual, group, and family therapy, as well as psychiatric evaluation and medication management. Specialty groups focus on promoting social skills development.
- Psychiatric Emergency Services: Available in the Emergency Department at Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
- Intensive Outpatient Services: for adolescents aged 14 -17 is available at our Shrewsbury office.
- K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital at Jersey Shore University Medical Center,
1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Booker Behavioral Health Center, 661 Shrewsbury Avenue, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
- Parkway 100, 3535 Route 66, Building 5, Neptune, NJ 07753
Meet Our Team
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.