About Our Speech Therapy Program
There are a number of reasons why your physician may recommend your child see a speech pathologist. If your child stutters, has difficulty putting words together in understandable ways, has autism, cerebral palsy, or developmental delays, a hearing impairment, a birth defect like cleft lip/palate, or a swallowing/feeding disorder, speech therapy may help them learn to communicate better. And, the sooner your child begins therapy, the better the potential outcome.
Our approach to speech therapy, similar to our other rehabilitation programs, is to involve the family in the therapeutic process. It's crucial to the success of your child that you take an active role. But, don't worry, we'll guide you through the process.
Here's a sampling of the services we offer:
- Aphasia therapy
- Cognitive-linguistic retraining
- Oral-motor therapy
- Pediatric feeding evaluations and treatment
- Speech/Language therapy
- Stuttering therapy (dysfluency)
- Swallowing exercise programs and retraining
- Therapeutic exercises
- VitalStim therapy for swallowing rehab
- Voice management
- K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital at Jersey Shore University Medical Center,
1945 Route 33, Neptune, NJ 07753
- Meridian Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy Center at Neptune,
2100 Route 33, Suite 2, Neptune City, NJ 07753
Find a Physician
Looking for a physician in your area? By using our Physician Directory, you can search for a New Jersey physician by specialty, facility, town, and zip code right now.
For more information on any physician, call 1-800-DOCTORS or 1-800-560-9990.